Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Update - Part 2


After a great weekend with the Virginia posse, it was time to tackle the next big project - getting my studio cleaned up and organized. That meant getting rid of things that had been in my way, literally and figuratively. What I couldn't sell on Craigslist got picked up by Goodwill, including those shoes that I had promised myself to get rid of if I found a pair of yellow ones. Once all the unneeded stuff was gone, I started building work surfaces and storage units. Using 2x2s and fishing line, I made three separate units to house paintings. I had already built a flat file for works on paper and that fit perfectly under the hollow core doors that I used for the worksurface. Finally, I hung four more shelves and a second wall lamp. All my paintings and supplies now have a home and I have a 14' work surface to spread out on. It is glorious to have a workable studio space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment