Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Update - Part 3

The next milestone after getting my studio in shape was to create a website for my artwork. That was certainly easier said than done! With a thousand page tome as my guide, I opened Dreamweaver and began to put it all together. Over to Illustrator to create a logo, into Photoshop to format the artwork, back to Dreamweaver. Trying to find a slide show application that I could afford (free) and that looked like I wanted took me through the internet feeling alot like Alice on a particularly bad day. Although there were times when I felt like I had bitten off more than I could chew, I finally was able to publish the site - www.whitemonkeyarts.com.

Why white monkey? Well, Carl Jung had a patient who recounted a dream in which a white monkey appeared. In the context of the dream, the monkey symbolized the positive qualities of childhood playfulness and was a symbol of creative experimentalism. For me, this little monkey seemed to be the perfect symbol for both my art and how I would like to live my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment